Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Off the Eaten Trail: Kocostar Foot Therapy Review

WARNING: This post contains photos of peeling feet that you may find gross and wish to avoid.

I was late to the game on foot peels and wish I had heard of them sooner. With all the walking in NYC, my feet are cracked and rough unlike when I lived in suburbs. I've tried foot lotions that are intended for cracked, dry feet and filing rough skin. But they never really worked and thick, rough skin remained.

Kokostar Foot Therapy
So when I heard about foot peels, specifically Baby Foot, I was willing to try it. Unfortunately, the Ricky's location that I went to was out of Baby Foot. But a salesgirl suggested Foot Therapy by Kocostar and swore that it works just as well and only costs $9.50. (Baby Foot is around $25.)  I was skeptical that it could work as well given the significant price difference, but I was willing to try Foot Therapy just to see how a foot peel would work.

I also did some online research about foot peels and found Refinery29's tips to be very helpful. I soaked my feet once or twice after the peel, but not every day.

I did my foot peel in April this year. I highly recommend doing a foot peel as the weather starts to get warmer and a couple of weeks before you plan to wear shoes that expose your feet. Your entire foot will peel up to the ankle and it can be unappealing and embarrassing.

It didn't take very long after using Foot Therapy for my feet to get a good peel going by the fourth day. Nothing much happened for the first few days and I didn't soak my feet. But when I walked around the city in sneakers and socks, I was surprised at how much my feet had peeled when I took off my socks at home. I think the moisture and sweat really helped things get going.

From there, I soaked my feet a couple of times which helped along the peeling as well. What impressed me about the foot peel is how effective it is in shedding any hard, calloused skin around my heels and balls of my feet. Once the dead skin had shed, those areas felt soft and were not calloused or cracked anymore. It's amazing and Foot Therapy worked really well for me.

My feet stayed soft and smooth for a short while before I started to notice any roughness starting to occur. I wasn't surprised by this since it's just the normal process of what happens when walking around the city. But because foot peels are chemical peels, it's not something that should be used frequently. I think waiting at least 2-3 months between treatments is a good idea. (Note, I am not a doctor and this is just my opinion.)

Here are pictures of my experience. My feet weren't in as bad a shape as I saw in some other people's pictures. Personally, I don't think the pictures are that bad. The pictures are a teeny gross and unsightly, but they didn't make me feel sick or need to look away.

Bottom of my feet before I applied Foot Therapy:

Bottom of my feet right after soaking in Foot Therapy booties (not much noticeable change):

Once the peeling really began:

Flaking around the ankle

I want to try some other peels on Refinery29's "Best Foot Peels For Under $20" to see how effective they are, such as TONYMOLY Super Peeling Liquid. But I would use Foot Therapy again with no hesitation.

Bottom Line: Highly recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment