Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Trader Joe's Pretzel Stick

I recently came across a light-hearted article that listed the top favorite items at Trader Joe's in 2016, or something like that. The Pretzel Stick made the list and I decided to try it.

While it has the color and skin of a pretzel, that's about all that I liked about it. It's a small baguette shape less than 12" long so it could be a snack or used for a sub sandwich. But I didn't like the texture of the bread inside. Since it's a pretzel stick, I wanted the dough to have a little chewiness like a pretzel has. But it was just crumbly, on the dry side, and didn't have much flavor.

I was never a big bread eater because I didn't like the texture of many grocery store products. Either they are too soft and gummy, or dry and flavorless. Unfortunately, the Pretzel Stick falls into that same group for me.

My Rating (out of 5): 2

No comments:

Post a Comment